List of the main events and news of the Global 2018 Campaign to Cut Military Spending: coming soon!
List of main past events and news on the global 2017 campaign to Cut Military Spending:
- The Italian Observatory on Milex has produced a video that presents their Milex data in a very comprehensible way. The video can be watched in this webpage.
- On Thursday, September 21, the Delàs Center for Peace Studies organized a strategic debate in the Spanish Parliament with representatives of the political parties and with some Madrid entities defending human rights. The debate addressed issues such as opacity in official data on exports and military and defense industry, the need to conduct an audit on Special Arms Programs to know their real cost and the debt they have generated, criteria for addressing military spending in the Spanish budget in a comprehensive and rigorous way, and the necessity of redirecting military spending to social needs, cooperation, conflict mediation and peace building. Read more…
- On October 4th, the U.S. Congress discussed this year’s People’s Budget, which was truly designed redirect military spending and to represent the values and needs of the American people. Read more…
- October 21st: Action by Quakers in Britain, Quaker Peace & Social Witness disarmament: Take Action on Militarism Gathering
- October 21-22: Codepink: Launch of the Divest from the War Machine campaign
- October 21-22: Agir pour la Paix: Course on “Think & Do it Yourself”
- October 24-30: United Nations disarmament week from 24-30 October 2017.
- Agir pour la Paix: Organization of Lobby Tours
- November 9th: Action by Agir pour la Paix to Wake-up European Parliamentarians